1300 Nevada State Drive
Henderson, NV 89002
Phone: (702) 992-2000
To establish eligibility for admission into the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) Part-Time Track, you must have the following:
- A cumulative GPA of 2.5 or above for all coursework
- A nursing program-specific GPA of 3.25 or above. Courses completed with a grade of "C-" or lower will not be considered for admission.
- A student must complete all prerequisite course requirements prior to entry into the nursing program.
- Score on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS) V. Effective Fall 2012 entry and beyond, applicants must achieve a minimum 58.7% on the Adjusted Individual Total Score and only version V will be accepted.
- Admission to Nevada State College (NSC) must be completed one month prior to the School of Nursing application deadline. This includes submission of all transcripts and payment of the application fee.
- Applicants must complete the three biology courses (BIOL 223, BIOL 224, and BIOL 251) prior to submitting their application to the School of Nursing (SON).
- Biological science courses, BIOL 223, BIOL 224 and BIOL 251 (Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II and Microbiology) must have been taken within seven years of the date of application to the School of Nursing.
- Biological science courses, BIOL 223, BIOL 224 and BIOL 251 (Anatomy and Physiology I, Anatomy and Physiology II and Microbiology) may only be taken/attempted two times. Starting Fall 2012, a "W" received in any of these courses and/or auditing any of these courses will be counted as an attempt.
- The GPA used for admission into the School of Nursing will be determined using grades up to and including the semester prior to your application to the School of Nursing.
- Courses taken during the semester before entering the program must be taken at NSC.
- No more than 12 credits of nursing prerequisites may be pending when applying to the nursing program.
- Applications must be filled out completely. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Applications must be accompanied by a current Degree Audit Report and a copy of all TEAS results received within the past two years from the date of application.