The ability to communicate is the very basis of a student's confidence and critical to a student's success. Nevada State College offers a Bachelors of Arts in Speech Pathology and a Post Baccalaureate option, training graduates to practice in schools. This high-demand program leads to licensure in Nevada.
Labs and field work are required components in the curriculum.
Coursework and labs will teach you to:
- Help students learn to say speech sounds correctly
- Assist students to develop proper control of the vocal and respiratory systems to correct voice production
- Assist students who stutter to increase their fluency
- Help children improve grammar, vocabulary, conversation, and story-telling skills
- Assist students with aphasia to improve comprehension of speech
- Assist students with severe communication disorders
- Help students and their families understand the disorders