The School of Education offers course work leading to teacher certification in Elementary Education, Special Education, and Secondary Education for individuals who have earned their Bachelor of Arts or Science in any area.
The Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Education Program does not lead to a degree. Students completing the program will need to apply for a teaching license through the Nevada Department of Education. For more information on the teacher licensure requirements visit the Nevada Department of Education website.
Program Admission and Prerequisites
- Bachelor's degree or higher with a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- General admission to Nevada State College.
- Acceptance into the Teacher Preparation Program.
- Essay entitled Why I Want to Become a Teacher
- Official passing scores on the reading writing and mathematics portions of the Praxis CORE Exam. Required passing scores: Reading 156, Writing 162, Math 150
- Signed disposition.
- Elementary Education
- Special Education
- Teaching Autism
- Secondary Education Biology
- Secondary Education English
- Secondary Education General Science
- Secondary Education History/Social Studies
- Secondary Education Mathematics