The Faculty Senate is a representative group of elected faculty and administrative faculty who serve the Nevada State College community by advising the president and provost of the college on matters of policy and procedure.
We seek to improve the quality of campus life for faculty, staff and students, to foster better communication between administration and both academic and administrative faculty, and to facilitate organizational learning. Our backbone principles of shared governance allow the members of this organization to act as the voice for all academic and administrative faculty members in college-wide decision making processes. The Faculty Senate also strives to be an inclusive and influential lobbying body that strongly advocates for the advancement of faculty endeavors, that is embedded in the culture of NSC, and that has a recognizable state and national presence. We are here to serve, not just the college community as a whole, but for the betterment of our student body.
Chairs of the Senate
- 2002-2004: Dr. Erika Beck
- 2004-2005: Mr. Ed Baldwin
- 2005-2006: Dr. Francine Mayfield
- 2006-2007: Dr. Jean Benzel-Lindley
- 2007-2008: Dr. Lawrence Rudd
- 2008-2010: Dr. Gregory Robison
- 2010-2012: Dr. Robin Herlands
- 2012-2013: Ms. Angela M. Brommel
- 2013-2014: Dr. Christopher Harris
- 2014-2015: Dr. Joanna Shearer