The Nevada State College Foundation funds a number of scholarship programs for students. Applications are reviewed by NSC committees which include faculty from across campus. Award amounts are determined by the Foundation based on donor agreements. Please keep in mind that Board of Regents' policies require scholarship recipients to have at least a 2.75 GPA.
The 2017-18 application will be available at this link from December 15, 2016 through April 15, 2017.
The following are some of the scholarships awarded for 2016-17:
For all students
- NSC Foundation General Scholarship Fund - provides multiple $1,000 awards per year
- Bank of Nevada - provides one student with $1,000 per year
- Changing Lives Scholarship - provides 2 awards per school - one for $2,000 and one for $1000.
- Barnes and Noble Textbook Scholarship - provides three $1000 awards per year.
- The Glenn and Ande Christenson Scholarship - provides one student $5,000 for each of their freshman, sophomore, junior and senior years. Scholarship total is $20,000
For education majors
- Marydean Martin Scholarship - provides two students $1,500 per year
For business majors
- Wells Fargo Scholarships - provides $2,500 per year for a business major
- Sletten Construction of Nevada - provides $1000 per year for a business major
For science majors
- The Robert A. Swadell Memorial Scholarship - provides $2.000 per year to students with a desire to pursue a degree in science or engineering for a Henderson or Pahrump resident
For nursing majors
- Amanda Howard Nursing Scholarship - provides multiple scholarships based on available funds to students accepted into the nursing program.