This is an exciting and challenging time for NSC and the state of Nevada. With economic hardship comes an increased need for affordable education. At NSC we are meeting this need by serving a diverse group comprised of many non-traditional and first generation students who typically work to pay for their education. We place the highest value on each individual educational experience, instruction, and learning assessment. This is our promise and our commitment to Nevada.
The Office of the Provost helps keep this commitment by:
- Supporting diversity initiatives, student-centered learning, and the creative use of learning technology
- Encouraging excellence and innovation in teaching
- Collaborating with faculty senate and supporting the creation of policies
- Fostering collaboration between the schools of Liberal Arts and Sciences, Nursing, and Education
- Managing the academic and student affairs of the college (See the organizational chart) and several crucial committees