Appointments: To provide the best and most thorough services, the Academic Advising Center operates by appointment only during the majority of each semester.
You may schedule an appointment via phone or online.
To schedule an appointment via phone, please contact our front desk (702)992-2160.
To schedule an appointment online, follow these steps:
- Login to your NSC Portal
- Under "Quick Links" then "Apps" click on "Scorpion Success Network"
- In your "My Success Network" choose an advisor by clicking on their name
- On the advisors profile to the left, click the "Schedule" link
During the first week and during “Registration Week” of fall and spring semesters, the AAC will operate under a walk-in only basis. We will take students on a first come/first serve basis until we have met capacity. Appointments are not available during this time, and please be prepared for an extended wait.
Also, please be aware of the following additional policies when scheduling with an Academic Advisor:
If a student is more than 10 minutes late to an appointment, we cannot guarantee you will be able to been seen by an advisor and you may be required to reschedule.
No Show Policy:
Students who do not attend their scheduled appointment and do not call to reschedule are considered “no-shows.” If you no-show three times in one semester you will receive a phone call or email from the Academic Advising Center (AAC) notifying the student that they have reached the maximum number of missed appointments. The student will be required to schedule an in-person, 30 minute, "impact" meeting with the Director of the AAC. During the “impact” meeting, the student will discuss how missing 3 appointments affects the NSC students and community. Before the conclusion of the "impact" meeting, the AAC Director will schedule the student an appointment with an Academic Advisor related to their major. The three allowable “no shows” reset each semester.
Advisors are regularly available to meet the needs of our NSC student population. We recommend scheduling an appointment at least 1 week in advance for maximum availability. During peak advising season (Mar. 1-Apr. 3) appointments are often booked multiple weeks in advance. Our Spring 2020 Schedule is as follows:
- Week 1 (Jan. 21-24) - Walk-In Week (No Appointments) - 8AM-5PM. Walk-ins run from 8:15-4:00 or until capacity is met.
- Week 2-11 (Jan. 27-Apr. 3) - By Appointment Only - Monday and Friday 8-5. Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday 8-7.
- Week 12 (Apr. 6-10) - "Registration" Walk-in Week (No Appointments) - 8AM-5PM. Walk-ins run from 8:15-4:00 or until capacity is met.
- Week 13-16 (Apr. 10-May 8) - By Appointment Only - Monday and Friday 8-5. Tuesday, Wednesday Thursday 8-7.
- Martin Luther King - Jan. 20
- Presidents Day - Feb. 17
Advisors will also be unavailable Apr. 16 and 17 for Financial Aid Review, Mar. 20, Apr. 23, and 24 for staff development.
*Schedule Subject to Change