Nevada State offers Bachelor’s, Master’s, and certificate programs that prepare students to achieve their personal and professional goals while also meeting community needs and workforce demands. We evaluate these programs regularly and adapt them based on the results of this assessment, student data, and highly-regarded standards in the field. Ultimately, our programs are tailored to our unique student population and are characterized by a distinctive excellence that complements our proficiency in teaching,
1. Offer a sustainable array of bachelor’s and graduate programs that encourage a transformative learning experience, leading our students to career fulfillment and an improved quality of life and shaping our broader community for the better.
2. Provide a Core Curriculum committed to giving each student a well-rounded education in the liberal arts, with an emphasis on the critical knowledge and understanding students need to thrive in any career and contribute to the common good.
3. Provide certificates, micro-credentials, service learning opportunities, and other continuing education opportunities that pave pathways to career success and increase our ties with our broader community.
4. Implement a comprehensive system of program evaluation that fosters continual improvement, promotes a culture of assessment, and helps establish a consistent level of quality across all academic offerings.
5. Maintain a structured process for rigorously evaluating new program opportunities to examine their alignment with student interests, our mission, and workforce/community needs.