If you want to know more information about the field of Speech-Language Pathology, contact the program director
Dr. Angel Ball at 702-992-2535 or email@example.com
Note: If you are inquiring on pre-master's pre-requisite courses, you must have a 3.0 in your prior undergraduate degree. Anyone interested in taking the pre-requisite courses should contact the program director. Completion of these pre-requisite courses at NSC does not guarantee acceptance into the master's program.
1. Are you a lifelong learner, able to think critically, attend to ethical issues, be prepared for high academic and clinical integrity during your education, and be concerned with client welfare?
2. Did you complete a minimum of 3.0 GPA in undergraduate degree in the field of Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders by the date of application?
3. Will you have you completed a Bachelor’s degree in the field of Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders? Or have you completed a post-baccalaureate program in Speech-Language Pathology or Communication Sciences and Disorders?
If you are not sure if you meet all of the pre-requisites please refer to this page: Masters Program Pre-Requisites
4. Have you completed or plan to complete the GRE and request that your scores be sent to Nevada State College prior to application deadline? No minimum required at this time, but scores will be considered in admissions process. Competitive scores are recommended to be higher than 285. Scores must be no more than 5 years old.
5. Are you aware that all applicants must be able to pass a background check to work in clinical settings?
Application instructions are on the electronic application available via the links below. You will be asked for the following information on the application. All application materials are due by January 15th.
1. Carefully complete the online application.
2. Provide contact information, and respond to short questionnaire.
3. Upload resume.
4. The online application site will also ask you to write an essay. (instructions are on the application form) (maximum of 300 words in total).
5. Submit emails of potential recommenders from three of the following (clinical supervisor, college instructor/professor, work supervisor if in related field – e.g. allied health, child services). Recommendations are implemented online via a form-based system that involves a direct connection between NSC and the person providing the recommendation. You may use the online system to check the status of received letters of recommendation, but the content of the references will remain confidential.
6. Submission of official transcripts. *This includes NSC official transcripts.
Official transcripts can be mailed to:
Office of Admissions & Recruitment
ATTN: Graduate College
1300 Nevada State Drive
Henderson, NV 89002
7. GRE scores sent to Nevada State College. NSC's institution code is 0009 and the Major Field code is 0620.We require that students submit electronic GRE scores. Scores must be dated within the past 5 years.
All students, current and prospective, should check with fafsa.gov for more information on the FAFSA and dates for applying for financial aid.
For more information about types of financial aid available: https://nsc.edu/academics/school-of-education/speech-language-pathology/financial-information/