School of Education Special Program Advisor
Applications for admission to the Speech Pathology Undergraduate Program is accepted twice each year. The application process is completed online. Please read the information below and click on the link provided at the end to access the online application.
The School of Education processes applications on a rolling admissions basis, however, the earlier you are admitted into the program the earlier you will be able to register into major coursework. All School of Education (SOE) pre-majors are encouraged to submit their Application for Admission to an SOE program as soon as all admission criteria have been met! “Sooner is better!”
Fall semester admission:
Priority Deadline: Applications received by March 1st will guarantee priority registration for Summer/Fall Courses
Spring semester admission:
Priority Deadline: Applications received by October 15th will guarantee priority registration for Spring Courses.
* YOU WILL BE WELCOMED! Newly admitted students will receive a welcome email that provides them with important information which includes notification of their assigned faculty mentor.
1. General admission into Nevada State College. Students who have never attended Nevada State College will need to apply for college admission through the Office of Admissions. Students may apply online at https://nsc.edu/admissions/application-information/.
2. Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or better
3. A personal background check via American Databank or a valid substitute-teaching license.
1.Complete and sign a self-reported “Dispositions Form” within the online application.
2. Sign the NSC Speech-Language Pathology Program Guide form, located within the online application
3. Official copy of passing scores on the reading, writing and mathematics portions of the Praxis Core Academic Skills for Educators (CORE) exam or California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST).
Information regarding Praxis Core exam dates, registration and testing sites can be found online at http://www.ets.org/praxis/register.
Information regarding the CBEST exam dates, registration and testing site can be found online at https://www.ctcexams.nesinc.com/TestView.aspx?f=HTML_FRAG/CA_CBEST_TestPage.html
4. Students must have a background check in order to be admitted into the Speech Pathology Undergraduate Program.
Students now have TWO options for obtaining a background check.
OPTION ONE: Background Check through Complio|| American Databank
Students may complete a $65 fingerprinting background check through the company, Complio|| American Databank.
1.) Register on the Complio|| American Databank website: Click HERE . Select “New Account”. Enter personal requested information. Select “School of Education”. Click load package. Agree to receive fingerprint forms. Ensure that your information is correct.
2.) Complio will send emailed instructions including two finger print cards. Students must take the cards and have their fingerprints rolled by an authorizing agency. Do not bend or fold fingerprint cards. Students will submit fingerprint cards via mail to Complio per email instructions.
3.) Complio will digitally upload the fingerprints to the FBI and complete a National Sex Offender search.
4.) Students will receive results within 2-5 days. Students must email Complio the results to firstname.lastname@example.org or Support@americandatabank.com
5.) NSC will access the results through Complio.
OPTION TWO: Obtain a Substitute License| Cost-$180
Students may obtain a Substitute License through the Nevada Department of Education.
If you choose this option, a copy of your valid substitute-teaching license is required with your application. OR, verification of a pending application for a license with the Nevada Department of Education (NDE) is required. In addition, the student is responsible to email a copy of the substitute license to the School of Education once received. The (NDE) application process can be found http://www.doe.nv.gov/Educator_Licensure/Online_Portal/.
Get started on your Spring 2024 application for the Speech Pathology Undergraduate Program.