Payment FAQs | Nevada State College

Payment FAQs



Most student charges are billed through your MyNSC student center. Items on your student account may include registration fees, tuition, late penalties and special course fees, and other miscellaneous debts. The charges may be due this month or sometime in the future. For example, tuition and fee charges are assessed immediately upon registration and are due usually three weeks prior to the start of each semester (check the academic calendar for due dates). Learn more about your MyNSC account.

Billing statements are produced electronically and sent to your email account on your MyNSC each semester as long as the account has an outstanding balance or if the account had activity during the billing cycle. Please be sure to keep your email address and other contact information up to date in the MyNSC student center.


Here’s what you can expect with your student account:

  • Access your MyNSC student account e-Bill statement
  • Submit electronic payment from a credit card
  • See up-to-date student account balances
  • Confirm receipt of student account payments
  • Review list of refunds and financial aid disbursed issued through your student account
  • Review the status of your financial aid
  • Obtain information on financial, academic, or administrative blocks on your registration
  • Confirm processing of waivers or residency status


What is a past due student account?

A student account is considered past due after any missed payment due dates.


What happens when my student account is past due?

In accordance with Board of Regents policy, Title 4, Chapter 17, Section 2:

A student or former student having a delinquent accounts receivable of $100.00 or more, or an overdue loan of any amount with any member institution of the Nevada System of Higher Education shall not be permitted to register at any institution. For the purposes of this section, delinquent accounts receivable is defined to include tuition and registration fees, student fees, special courses fees and residence life charges billed to a student’s account in the student information system. An NSHE institution may include other fee categories as they deem appropriate in determination of a delinquent account.

A student or former student having a delinquent account receivable or an overdue loan of any amount with any member institution of the Nevada System of Higher Education shall not be permitted to receive a transcript of academic record, a diploma, a certificate or report of semester grades. The student or former student may; however, inspect the records under the provisions of the federal Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA).

In addition, institutions may refer delinquent accounts receivable of $100.00 or more and overdue loans of any amount to a collection agency following written notification to the student or former student.

Institutions must publish on their institutional website the NSHE delinquent accounts policy, including a list of the fee categories that are applicable to the designation of a delinquent student account. This student notification must indicate that a student with a delinquent account shall not be permitted to register at any NSHE institution.

For NSC, the list of fee categories includes all tuition and registration fees, special course fees, and student fees.

Past due(delinquent) accounts are also subject to penalty charges and will be turned over to a third party collections agency.

Get Info