Dear Campus Community,
COVID cases continue to increase in Clark County. Therefore, new face covering requirements for all Nevadans have been announced. Governor Steve Sisolak issued Directive No. 47 yesterday, which imposes new face covering requirements for all vaccinated and unvaccinated Nevadans based upon the new CDC guidance also issued yesterday. NSHE Chancellor Melody Rose has announced that effective Friday, July 30, 2021, all unvaccinated and vaccinated NSHE students, employees, and members of the public will be required to wear a face covering while inside any building or structure on any NSHE campus or property.
Nevada State College will implement the directive as follows:
- Face coverings are required for all students, employees, and members of the public, when indoors at a Nevada State College building.
- Face coverings are not required outside or when alone in your private office or your room in on-campus housing.
- Face coverings can be removed if two people are meeting in a private office, both have been vaccinated, and they social distance.
- All building signage will reflect the new directive.
- Social distancing in general is not required under the current mandate.
This new mandate may remain in effect until the vaccination rate increases and COVID-19 transmission levels decrease in Clark County and other Nevada high-risk counties. The COVID-19 vaccine is the best way to end the pandemic and protect yourself, your family and friends, and the greater community. If you have not been vaccinated, please do so soon and encourage others to do the same.
Visit https://covid.southernnevadahealthdistrict.org/vaccine/distribution/ to schedule a vaccination appointment.
We thank you for following this directive. If you suspect or are confirmed to have COVID-19, complete the Self-Report Form at nsc.edu/coronavirus. Resources are also available in the State Safe app. We will continue to share information specific to Nevada State at nsc.edu/coronavirus and through official channels.
Be State Safe!
Vickie Shields, Ph.D.