On September 30, 2021 the NSHE Board of Regents approved an emergency amendment to NSHE Code that sets forth policies and procedures enacting a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine requirement for all NSHE employees. Under this policy, all NSC employees are required to complete a full COVID-19 vaccine series by December 1, 2021. This policy is located in Title 2, Chapter 12 of the NSHE Board of Regents Handbook which can be found here.
All vaccinated employees must verify their vaccination status in Workday and update their records if needed. Instructions for viewing your vaccination status as well as procedures for updating records can be found below.
If you believe your vaccination information is incorrect or if you complete a COVID-19 vaccination series, you must provide proof of vaccination to Human Resources. Proof of vaccination includes:
- Vaccination card in your name marking two doses of a two-dose vaccine or one dose of a one-dose vaccine. Vaccination cards must include the date(s) for each dose.
- Printout of vaccination record (WebIZ if in Nevada or record from agency in another state)
Proof of vaccination may be hand-delivered to Human Resources (RSC 325) or scanned and emailed to NHR@nsc.edu. If emailing, you must provide an image of both the front and back of the vaccination card and the full card must be visible. HR will not make or retain a copy of the vaccination document and any information provided will be maintained as confidential.
An employee is not required to provide proof of Immunization if any of the following apply:
- The employee works remotely 100% of the time and is located outside of Nevada.*
- The employee exclusively works remotely (100% of the time) based upon an approved non-COVID Alternative Work Schedule. Must include a signed agreement.*
- The employee submits and is approved for an Employee COVID-19 Religious Belief Waiver Request (request form below)
- The employee submits and is approved for an Employee COVID-19 Medical Condition Wavier Request (request form below)
*The employee will be prohibited from being on any NSHE or NSC property or attending any NSHE or NSC sponsored event.
Religious and Medical waiver request must be submitted to Human Resources at NHR@nsc.edu by no later than December 1, 2021.