Office of the Registrar - Nevada State College

Office of the Registrar

HomeCurrent StudentsSupport ServicesOffice of the Registrar

Connect with Nevada State’s Office of the Registrar for student records and related administrative services.

Welcome to the Office of the Registrar at Nevada State College! We establish and maintain the academic enrollment records of our students, and exist to make your life easier. We strive to BE RESPONSIVE, respectful, and accurate to all students, faculty, staff, and administrators who request our services, while upholding and maintaining the policies and procedures of the college. We look forward to answering your questions and connecting you with any information and documentation you may need.

Registrar Questions:
Phone: (702) 992-2110
Fax: (702) 992-2111

Physical Location:
Dawson Building
1125 Nevada State Drive, Henderson, NV 89002
Office Hours: Monday Friday (8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.)


2017-2018 (pdf)
2018-2019 (pdf)


Find out how to enroll in classes using the steps below. Note: To view classes being offered, click here.
Before you enroll, check:

  1. Before classes begin:
    On your assign enrollment day, enroll in classes any time on or after your appointment.
    a. Go to myNSC.
    b. Choose your institution and registration term.
    c. Enroll in classes you want to take.
  2. Wait list any full classes.
    a. If you can’t get into a class you want, myNSC lets you either enroll in another section of the same class or wait list it.
    b. See wait listing tips.
  3. View your class confirmation(s).
    On myNSC, you’ll see a confirmation after each class you enroll in, including any that you wait listed.


Congratulations! You've worked hard here at NSC, and now it's time to get recognized. Before you put on your cap and gown at commencement, follow this checklist to ensure you are on the right track to getting your diploma.

When to Apply:
You must have an expected senior standing at the time of your application. In other words, your earned credits plus the credits you are currently enrolled in should equal 90 or more and 75% of your degree requirements have been completed. This should occur approximately 2 academic semesters before your anticipated final semester.
Fall Graduation: Apply by May 1st
Summer/Spring Graduation: Apply by October 1st
To Attend Spring Commencement: Apply by October 1st; if application has already been submitted, attendance decision may be updated by or before April 9th. Failure to adhere to this deadline will result in the student's name not appearing in the commencement program.

  1. Application Instructions:
    Complete the application for graduation 
    Once you have applied, a $20 graduation fee will be placed on your student account. You may pay this fee along with any outstanding tuition or fees through your myNSC Student Center by clicking Make a Payment.
  2. Make an appointment with your academic advisor to make plans to complete any outstanding requirements by the end of your graduating semester. You may also review your Academic Requirements Report under "My Academics" in myNSC.
  3. Prepare for Commencement.

Note: Graduation requirements are determined based on the requirements in effect in your catalog year.

If you do not anticipate completing your degree requirements in the semester you applied for you must submit a completed Graduation Update Notification E-Form.


Please visit for information on the 2018 Commencement Ceremony on May 4, 2018.

Degree Posting:
NSC post degrees 3 times per academic year. Degree posting dates are at the end of each term. Spring and Fall degree posting dates are the last day of the regular semester. In the summer, the last day of the term is the end of the 14-week summer session.

Diplomas are ordered once all semester grades have been posted, remaining transcripts have been submitted and entered, and degrees have been posted to the student account. Diplomas will be mailed to graduates from the vendor approximately 12 weeks after they are ordered. Students should ensure that their address is accurate with the Office of the Registrar, as diplomas are mailed to the current address on record. Students with outstanding financial obligations will not receive their diploma until all such obligations have been met. Please note that we do not automatically send transcripts to outside agencies, such as licensing boards. A transcript request must be submitted along with the appropriate fees.


There are two options for ordering official transcripts:

Option 1: Official transcripts ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse
Order a transcript online from the National Student Clearinghouse. From the drop down menu, find Nevada State College and click submit. Follow the instructions given to proceed through your transcript request. Please note: a $2.25 service fee applies in addition to all online requests through this site.

Option 2: Official transcripts ordered with a Transcript Request form
Transcript request form: (PDF)
Instruction: Completely fill out the request form and submit to the Office of the Registrar in person or by fax or postal mail with cash, check, or money order.

**Please make checks payable to: Board of Regents
• $3.00 per transcript (regular processing time: 2-3 day turn around)
• $5.00 per transcript (RUSH processing)
• $25.00 for FedEx expedited mailing, plus the per transcript charge as listed above (This option is not available for NSHE institutions. UNLV, UNR, CSN, WNC, GBC, TMCC)

Unofficial Transcripts
Students may access their unofficial transcripts through their myNSC Student Center. In the academics section select "Transcript View Unofficial" from the drop down menu. In the section labeled Report Type select "Unofficial Transcript" and then click View Report.

Students with “inactive” accounts (i.e., alumni, stopped attending) click here.


All students are considered out-of-state residents at the time of admission to NSC. Students must submit a completed Residency Application, with supporting documentation, in order for the Office of the Registrar to consider a reclassification of residency status. The Residency Application lists each of the available pathways to obtaining residency (e.g. WUE, Armed Services, etc.). Read the application carefully to determine which category best applies to your situation. Copying services are not provided by the Office of the Registrar. Please make sure to provide copies of all your documents before submitting them to this office.

If you are a veteran, spouse, or dependent of a veteran, please see the Veterans, Spouses and Dependents: Information Request Form for Determination of Tuition Charges to determine if you qualify under one of its categories for residency purposes.

Residency Application: (PDF)
For applicants and admitted students who wish to establish Nevada residency for tuition purposes.

WUE Residency Application: (PDF)

Application and supporting documents may be mailed, faxed, or hand delivered. Faxed documents may be returned if copies are unreadable.

Nevada State College
Office of the Registrar
1125 Nevada State Dr.
Henderson, NV 89002
Fax: (702) 992-2111

Questions? Contact the Office of the Registrar at (702) 992-2110.


Completed forms may be turned in to the Office of the Registrar in person, by fax, e-mail, or postal mail. Incomplete or illegible forms will not be processed.

  • Change or add a major, program or degree: (E-Form)
  • Change or add a minor: (E-Form)
  • Enrollment verification: (PDF)
    If grades or grade point average verification is required, please request a transcript.
  • Residency Verification: (PDF)
    This form is intended for use by students requesting proof of residency status at Nevada State College for another institution within the Nevada System of Higher Education.
  • Excess Credit Fee Appeal Form: (PDF)
    This form is intended for students who wish to file an appeal for their Excess Credit Fee. Students will need to submit both pages of the form to the Petitions Office via email:
  • Prerequisite override form: (E-Form)
    This form should be used only when the prerequisite for the intended class is clearly identified on an official or unofficial transcript verifying requirements have been met for admittance into requested class.
  • Application for graduation: (E-Form)
    All students must apply for graduation in order to evaluate degree completion and post that degree on their official transcript. It is recommended that students apply for graduation 2 semesters prior to the completion of all degree requirements, but please pay attention to each semester's specific deadline. All degree requirements must be met by the end of the term for which you are applying. Students are encouraged to review their degree audit report online and meet with an academic advisor to verify degree progress and ensure all requirements for graduation have been met. Graduation applications will not be processed for students who have pre-major status (e.g. pre-nursing or pre-education).
  • Graduation update notification: (E-Form)
    This form is to be used ONLY by students who have applied for graduation and need to update their anticipated final semester, commencement attendance, diploma name, or cancel their graduation application entirely. Graduation update forms submitted by students who have not previously filed a graduation application will not be processed.
  • Student Complaint/Grievance Form: (PDF)
    This form is to be used by a student who has a complaint or grievance about their Nevada State experience. The completed form should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
  • ARC Student Appeal: (E-Form)
    This form is to be used by applicants who have been denied admission to Nevada State College and wish to appeal that decision. This form will go before the Admissions Review Committee for a final admission decision.
  • Entry Term Update Form: (E-Form)
    This form is to be used by those who have been admitted to Nevada State College for the previous semester but never attended and would like to be considered for another semester. Students can update their entry term a maximum of two semesters from the original application term (summer not included).
  • Update Personal Information: (E-Form)
    This form is to be used by those who have been admitted to Nevada State College. Updating and/or changing one's name, date of birth, or social security number.

Some forms such as appeals and petitions may only be obtained with departmental permission. Please contact the specific schools or departments for additional information.


Back to top
Get Info
Contact Us