" Office of the Registrar | Nevada State College

Office of the Registrar

HomeCurrent StudentsSupport ServicesOffice of the Registrar

Office Information

Welcome to the Office of the Registrar at Nevada State College! We establish and maintain the academic enrollment records of our students and exist to make your life easier. We strive to BE RESPONSIVE, respectful, and accurate to all students, faculty, staff, and administrators who request our services, while upholding and maintaining the policies and procedures of the college. We look forward to answering your questions and connecting you with any information and documentation you may need.


To help reduced the spread of COVID-19.
Most inquiries can be resolved over the phone or through email.
Our office will provide in-person services by appointment only.
To schedule an appointment please reach out to us via email or phone.



The following are PDF versions of our current and past Academic Calendars.  If you are looking for the interactive calendar, please click here.



To view the current undergraduate academic catalog please visit here.

For archived catalogs, please visit here.


Find out how to enroll in classes using the steps below.
Note: To view classes being offered, click here.

Before you enroll, check:

  1. Before classes begin:
    On your assigned enrollment day, enroll in classes any time on or after your appointment.

    1. Go to myNSC
    2. Choose your institution and registration term
    3. Enroll in classes you want to take
  2. Wait list any full classes
    1. If you can’t get into a class you want, myNSC lets you either enroll in another section of the same class or wait list it.
    2. See wait listing tips.
    3. For additional information regarding wait listing, please click here.
  3. View your class confirmation(s)
    1. On myNSC, you’ll see a confirmation after each class you enroll in, including any that you wait listed.


Congratulations! You've worked hard here at NSC and now it's time to get recognized. Before you put on your cap and gown at commencement, follow this checklist to ensure you are on the right track to getting your diploma.

When to Apply:

You must have an expected senior standing at the time of your application. In other words, your earned credits plus the credits you are currently enrolled in should equal 90 or more and 75% of your degree requirements have been completed. This should occur approximately 2 academic semesters before your anticipated final semester.

  • Fall Graduation: Apply by May 1st
  • Summer/Spring Graduation: Apply by October 1st
  • To Attend Spring Commencement: Apply by October 1st; if application has already been submitted, attendance decision may be updated by or before April 9th. Failure to adhere to this deadline will result in the student's name not appearing in the commencement program.

Application Instructions:

  1. Complete the application for graduation
  2. Make an appointment with your academic advisor to make plans to complete any outstanding requirements by the end of your graduating semester. You may also review your Academic Requirements Report under "My Academics" in myNSC.
  3. Prepare for Commencement.

Note: Graduation requirements are determined based on the requirements in effect in your catalog year.

If you do not anticipate completing your degree requirements in the semester you applied for, you must submit a completed Graduation Update Notification E-Form.



Please visit www.nsc.edu/commencement for more information.


NSC posts degrees 3 times per academic year.  Degree posting dates are at the end of each term. Spring and Fall degree posting dates are the last day of the regular semester.  In the summer, the last day of the term is the end of the 14-week summer session.


Diplomas are ordered once all semester grades have been posted, remaining transcripts have been submitted and entered, and degrees have been posted to the student account. Diplomas will be mailed to graduates from the vendor approximately 12 weeks after they are ordered. Students should ensure that their address is accurate with the Office of the Registrar, as diplomas are mailed to the current address on record. Students with outstanding financial obligations will not receive their diploma until all such obligations have been met. Please note that we do not automatically send transcripts to outside agencies, such as licensing boards; a transcript request must be submitted along with the appropriate fees.


Unofficial Transcripts

Students may access their unofficial transcripts through their myNSC Student Center free of charge.

Students with inactive accounts (i.e., alumni, stopped attending) click here. If you continue to have log-in issues. Please contact the Office of Information Technology.

Official Transcripts

There are three options for ordering official transcripts:

Option 1: Official transcripts to be sent to another Nevada System of Higher Education ( NSHE ) Institution.

If you are sending Transcripts to a school within Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE). Transcripts being sent to another NSHE institution are free of charge. To proceed click on the following link below.
  • NSHE institutions that qualify for free delivery are:
    • CSN - College of Southern Nevada
    • GBC - Great Basin College
    • NSC - Nevada State College
    • TMCC - Truckee Meadows Community College
    • UNLV - University of Nevada, Las Vegas (Undergraduate Only)
    • WNC - Western Nevada College
    • DRI - Dessert Research Institute
    • UNR - University of Nevada, Reno (Undergraduate Only)

NSHE-to-NSHE E-transfer Click Here

Option 2: Official transcripts ordered online through the National Student Clearinghouse
Order a transcript online from the National Student Clearinghouse. Search for Nevada State College and click continue. Follow the instructions given to proceed through your transcript request. Please note: a $2.50 service fee applies in addition to all online requests through this site.

  • Transcript Information:
    • Once an order is placed, changes cannot be made. Orders may be cancelled if they have not  been processed.
    • We are not responsible if the provided recipient information is incorrect.
    • Please allow up to 3-5 business days for processing.
    • If you have a hold prohibiting the release of your transcripts, you must resolve the hold in order for the transcript to be issued.
  • Delivery Options:
    • Mail
    • Electronic PDF (Emailed)
      • Students must verify with receiving institution if they will accept a secured Emailed PDF transcript through National Student Clearinghouse.
      • Recipient will receive two emails with the subject lines "Transcript Link” and “Transcript Access Code.”
      • We are not responsible whether the recipient retrieves or accepts the transcript.
  • Tracking your order
    • To check the status of your order, on the “Transcript Order Status” application, enter your order number and email address, then select “View Status”. The transcript order number is displayed on your order confirmation page and all emails associated with your order. You will automatically receive email updates whenever the status of your order changes. If you signed up for mobile text alerts during the ordering process, you will also get instant notification by phone.

Option 3: Official transcripts ordered with a Transcript Request form

If neither of the options are applicable to you. Please contact registrar@nsc.edu for a PDF copy of the Transcript Request form to be sent to you.

Instructions: Once you have received the form. Completely fill out the request form and submit to the Office of the Registrar via postal mail with cash, check, or money order.

**Please make checks payable to: Board of Regents

  • $3.00 per transcript (regular processing time: 2-3 business day turn around)
  • $5.00 per transcript (RUSH processing)
  • $25.00 for FedEx expedited mailing, plus the per transcript charge as listed above (This option is not available for NSHE institutions. UNLV, UNR, CSN, WNC, GBC, TMCC)


Non-Nevada High School Graduates are considered out-of-state residents at the time of admission to NSC. Students must submit a completed Residency Application, with supporting documentation, in order for the Office of the Registrar to consider a reclassification of residency status. The Residency Application lists each of the available pathways to obtaining residency (e.g. Armed Services, etc.). Please review submission methods below.

How Do I Check My Residency Classification for Tuition Purposes?

Nevada Residency Forms:

Residency Application: (PDF)
For admitted students who wish to establish Nevada residency for tuition purposes.

Veterans, Spouse and Dependents: (PDF)
If you are a veteran, spouse, or dependent of a veteran, please review the linked documentation determine if you qualify under one of its categories for residency purposes.

WUE Application: (PDF)
For newly admitted students who are in a degree seeking program. The Western Undergraduate Exchange (WUE) is a program of the Western Interstate Commission of Higher Education (WICHE).

How to Submit:

Please type or print in BLACK INK. Complete and review documentation carefully, answer each applicable question. Submit your documentation along with all necessary or additional attachments to either of the methods listed below.  For additional questions or concerns please contact residency@nsc.edu.

Application and supporting documents may be scanned and e-mailed, mailed, faxed, or hand delivered. Faxed documents may be returned if copies are unreadable.

EMAIL (PREFERRED): residency@nsc.edu

Campus Address:
Nevada State College
Office of the Registrar
1300 Nevada State Dr., Bldg E
Henderson, NV 89002

Fax(702) 992-2111


We adhere to FERPA law in regards to student confidentiality.  FERPA stands for the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act of 1974.  It is federal law designed to protect the privacy of education records.  It also provides guidelines for appropriately using and releasing student education records.  To view our FERPA Policy, please go here.


Completed forms may be turned in to the Office of the Registrar in person, by fax, e-mail, or postal mail. Incomplete or illegible forms will not be processed.

  • Change or Add a Major, Program, or Degree
  • Change or Add a Minor
  • Enrollment Verification
    If grades or grade point average verification is required, please request a transcript.
  • Residency Verification
    This form is intended for use by students requesting proof of residency status at Nevada State College for another institution within the Nevada System of Higher Education. If your intent is to apply for in-state residency classification at NSC, please use the Residency Form available under the RESIDENCY section above.
  • Excess Credit Fee Appeal Form
    This form is intended for students who wish to file an appeal for their Excess Credit Fee. Submit both pages to petitions@nsc.edu.
  • Pre-Requisite Override Form
    This form should be used only when the prerequisite for the intended class is clearly identified on an official or unofficial transcript verifying requirements have been met for admittance into requested class.
  • Application for Graduation
    All students must apply for graduation in order to evaluate degree completion and post that degree on their official transcript. It is recommended that students apply for graduation 2 semesters prior to the completion of all degree requirements, but please pay attention to each semester's specific deadline. All degree requirements must be met by the end of the term for which you are applying. Students are encouraged to review their degree audit report online and meet with an academic advisor to verify degree progress and ensure all requirements for graduation have been met. Graduation applications will not be processed for students who have pre-major status (e.g. pre-nursing or pre-education).
  • Graduation Update Notification
    This form is to be used ONLY by students who have applied for graduation and need to update their anticipated final semester, commencement attendance, diploma name, or cancel their graduation application entirely. Graduation update forms submitted by students who have not previously filed a graduation application will not be processed.
  • Entry Term Update Form
    This form is to be used by any applicant or admitted student to Nevada State College for the previous semester but never attended and would like to be considered for another semester. Students can update their entry term a maximum of one semester from the original application term.
  • Update Personal Information
    This form is to be used by those who have been admitted to Nevada State College. Updating and/or changing one's legal name, date of birth, or social security number.
  • Preferred Name Change Form
    This form is for currently enrolled students only. First, Middle, & Last name may be changed to a preferred name. For more information please click here.

Some forms such as appeals and petitions may only be obtained with departmental permission. Please contact the specific schools or departments for additional information.


The Office of the Registrar performs initial transfer credit evaluation according to policies established by the college and by the Nevada System of Higher Education.

A student who wishes to contest the outcome of his or her transfer course evaluation (i.e. the course was found not to be equivalent to a Nevada State College course or not satisfy a particular requirement) may submit a petition for curriculum substitution to the Office of Petitions.

The petition must include supporting documents (e.g. course description, syllabus) and other pertinent material related to the course in order to ensure a thorough review and consideration of the petition.

The Office of Petitions will route the petition to the department/school that teaches the course or in-charge of the course discipline. The department chair/designee will make the decision to approve/deny the petition.

If the petition is denied, the student may submit an appeal to the dean of the school. If the dean upholds the denial and the student continues to disagree with the decision, the student may submit an appeal to the provost. The decision of the provost/designee will be final.

Denied petitions will be given a reason for the denial via email.

Students who are not satisfied with the final decision by NSC may request a review of a transfer credit evaluation by the NSHE Articulation Coordinating Committee by submitting the Nevada System of Higher Education Transfer Credit Request for Review.



The Nevada Board of Regents provides a waiver of certain fees for former Nevada foster youth who meet eligibility requirements. An NSHE institution may waive registration fees and certain laboratory fees in fall and spring semesters for eligible students pursuant to Title 4, Chapter 17, Section 13 of the Handbook. To determine if you are eligible, complete this form and provide the required documentation to:

Office of the Registrar
Nevada State College
1300 Nevada State Dr
Henderson, NV 89002

ATTN: Office of the Registrar
Nevada State College
(702) 992-2111



Nevada Board of Regents provides a waiver of certain fees related to registration to eligible veterans who have been awarded the Purple Heart for their service in the U.S. Armed Forces. An NSHE institution shall waive registration, laboratory and other mandatory fees for eligible students pursuant to Title 4, Chapter 17, Section 14 of the Handbook. To determine if you are eligible, complete this form and provide the required documentation to your institution’s designated office as listed below on page 2. The institution may request additional information or documentation to verify eligibility.




Placement Testing is used for placing students into English and Mathematics classes. It is not required if the student already has SAT or ACT scores, or other English and/or Mathematics courses from another NSHE institution.

For more information regarding placement testing please contact Academic Advising.

Placement Testing Links
Math Placement
English Placement



The Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAStm) is required for all students applying to the regular or part-time nursing programs.

  • NSC TEAS will be proctored remotely- Students should review the ATI TEAS ONLINE REMOTE PROCTORED EXAM WEBPAGE prior to submitting the TEAS application.
  • Spaces are reserved on a first come/first served basis.
  • It is scheduled from 9 AM - 1 PM on all testing dates; test will last approximately 4 hours.
  • Testers are required to show Photo ID.
  • Calculators are not allowed. ATI has integrated a calculator within the exam.
  • Scores are available immediately following testing. We will not accept requests to print test scores.

How to Register for TEAS with NSC:

ATI TEAS Testing Dates

TEAS TEST DATE  Application Term Test Format Registration Link Payment Due By
March 26th, 2021 Fall 2021 Remote Closed March 24th, 2021
April 9th, 2021 Fall 2021 Remote Closed April 7th, 2021
April 23rd, 2021 Fall 2021 Remote >>Click Here<< April 21st, 2021
May 7th, 2021 Fall 2021 Remote Available on 04/23/2021 May 5th, 2021
May 21st, 2021 Fall 2021 Remote Available on 05/07/2021 May 19th, 2021


Note: ATI TEAS testing is also available directly through ATI. Dates listed on ATI do not coincide with the dates listed above. For more information please visit ATI's website at: http://www.atitesting.com/home.aspx


To get started with using your Military Tuition Assistance benefits, please read and complete the steps listed on the Active Duty Military Tuition Assistance Benefits Checklist listed below.

To avoid delays on your DOD Tuition Assistance authorization, please follow the steps below and submit all required documents.


  1. You must speak with your Educational Service Officer (ESO), military counselor, or Service prior to enrolling at Nevada State College.
  2. Submit an approved educational plan to: va@nsc.edu



STEP 1: Apply and complete the following:

STEP 2: Take Math and English Placement Tests, if applicable

  • Complete this step if you have not taken any Math and/or English class for college credits
  • For dates and times of placement testing, click here

       Note: SAT and ACT scores may be submitted in lieu of placement testing.

STEP 3: Request and submit ALL official transcripts (sealed and un-opened) from colleges/universities attended, including military transcripts, to:


Nevada State College
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
1300 Nevada State Drive, Bldg E
Henderson, NV 89002


  • For Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy transcripts, request online through Joint Services Transcripts: https://jst.doded.mil
  • For Air Force transcripts, request online through Community College of the Air Force: au.af.mil/au/ccaf

You will need to be admitted to Nevada State College to continue the following steps:

STEP 4: Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor to plan your courses and class schedules.

  • You must speak with your ESO, military counselor, or Service prior to enrolling to ensure that your program of study is approved for tuition assistance.
  • Submit an ESO, military counselor, or Service approved educational plan to: va@nsc.edu

Note: Failure to submit an approved educational plan may result in a registration hold for the following semester.

Step 5: Register for classes online through your student portal: https://nsc.edu/

  • Please be advised that you can register at any point after your admission to Nevada State College (and have completed Orientation, if you are a freshman).

Step 6: Department of Defense Tuition Assistance (DODTA) Instructions for TA Authorization:

  1. Initiate your DODTA authorization with your base Education Support Officer (ESO) or via your military portal.
    • Links to your military portal and additional TA information can be found here.
    • For additional details regarding Tuition and Fees, please click here.
    • For questions regarding the NSC Return of Military Tuition Assistance policy, please click here.
  2. Once you receive your DODTA authorization form, please attach it to an email and send it to cashier.office@nsc.edu.  We will then adjust your account once we receive your official DODTA authorization form. This change occurs within 3 business days of receipt.
  3. NSC will then defer your tuition and will send an invoice for payment to your Military Branch of Service. You will be responsible for paying anything outside of tuition, including course and institutional fees.

Is a “Statement of charges” keeping you from getting your DODTA authorization from your ESO or military portal? Some branches require it and some do not. If you do indeed need to verify Cost Verification form BEFORE you can get your DODTA authorization, please follow these steps:

  1. Send an email to: cashier.office@nsc.edu with the subject line “Statement of charges”. In the body of the messages include your name, student ID, and the term or classes for which you need the cost verification.
  2. Watch for an email in your NSC account from the NSC Third Party Billing Department. This will include a statement of charges with a breakdown for each class and it is generally sent within 3 business days after your request.

Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance. Thank you for choosing NSC to pursue your academic goals!


Summary of Requirements/Documents:

  • Official college/universities transcripts (if applicable)
  • Math/English Placement Scores (if applicable)
  • Military Transcripts (if applicable)
  • ESO, military counselor, or Service approved educational plan
  • DODTA Authorization form
Back to top
Get Info