STEP 1: Apply and complete the following:
- Nevada State College admissions application: https://nsc.edu/admissions/apply/
- VA education benefits through VONAPP (Veterans Online Application):www.gibill.va.gov.
- For assistance, call the VA Education Benefits Department at 1-888-442-4551.
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (if applicable): www.fafsa.gov.
- For FAFSA assistance, call 1-800-4-FED-AID
STEP 2: Submit a copy of DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE).
STEP 3: Take Math and English Placement Tests, if applicable.
- Complete this step if you have not taken any Math and/or English class for college credits.
- For dates and times of placement testing: https://nsc.edu/registrar/testing/
- Note: SAT and ACT scores may be submitted in lieu of placement testing.
STEP 4: Request and submit ALL sealed (un-opened) official transcripts from college/universities attended and military transcripts to:
- Nevada State College, Office of Admissions and Records, 1300 Nevada State Drive, Henderson, NV 89002
- For Army, Coast Guard, Marine Corps, and Navy transcripts, request online through Joint Services Transcripts: https://jst.doded.mil
- For Air Force transcripts, request online through Community College of the Air Force: www.au.af.mil/au/ccaf
You will need to be admitted to Nevada State College to continue the following steps:
STEP 5: Schedule an appointment to meet with an Academic Advisor to plan your courses and class schedules.
- Only courses (including prerequisites) that satisfy requirements for a program of study will be reported to the VA. Call 702.992.2160
STEP 6: Register for classes online through MyNSC
- Please be advised that you can register at any point after your admission application to Nevada State College (and have completed Orientation, if you are a freshman) has been processed. However, as indicated on Step 5, only courses (including prerequisites) that satisfy requirements for a program of study will be reported to the VA.
- Note: This form must be submitted every semester you wish to use benefits.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop off at the Financial Aid Office (RSS200)
Summary of Requirements/Documents:
- Copy of VONAPP or Certificate of Eligibility
- Copy of DD-214 or Notice of Basic Eligibility (NOBE)
- Math/English Placement Scores or ACT/SAT (if applicable)
- Military Transcripts
- Official college/universities transcripts (if applicable)
- VA Enrollment Certification Request form (each semester)
Contact Person: Fran Wilson
Mailing Address: 1300 Nevada State Drive, RSS200, Henderson, NV 89002
Phone: (702) 992-2199
Fax: (702) 992-2151
Office Hours: Monday Friday (8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m.)
(Closed on all major holidays: 4th of July, Labor Day, Nevada Day, Veterans Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day, New Year's Day, Martin Luther King Day, President's Day, Memorial Day)