Employment verifications, wage verifications, and public service loan forgiveness requests, for current and former Nevada State College (NSC) employees are completed by The Work Number from Equifax, an external income and employment verification company.
The Work Number automates the verification process by securely delivering employment information to requestors such as banks or government agencies to assist in credit granting or benefit entitlement decisions (e.g., mortgages, loans, etc.). The Work Number has the necessary measures in place to safely store and protect Personally Identifiable Information (PII).
• Quick verifications: The Work Number’s online portal is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, greatly reducing turnaround time for requests.
• Improved security:
– The Work Number validates the identity of requestors using multi-factor authentication.
– Employees are notified when someone requests their information.
– Employees have access to a complete audit trail of every request submitted for their information. This includes details about who submitted the request and what information they requested.
• Free of charge: Both current and former NSC employees can request employment and income verifications at no charge.
Contact The Work Number with any questions at:
Phone: 800-367-2884; Monday – Friday 8 am – 9pm (ET)
TTY- hearing impaired: 800-424-0253
If The Work Number is unable to assist, contact Human Resources at email@example.com.