Monday, Nevada legislators introduced SB273 with bipartisan support to codify the renaming into state law. While a hearing date has yet to be confirmed, it is anticipated SB273 will have a committee hearing next Wednesday, March 22, 2023.
Please provide your input so lawmakers understand the value of the renaming to our students and to our community.
- Create an account with the Nevada Legislature. If you already have an account, log in.
- Visit the SB273 page to submit an opinion.
- Go to the bill’s Overview tab, scroll down to the bottom of the Public Opinions section, and click the “Submit Opinion or View Opinion Stats”
- Select your position as “Support”
- Include your name, address, city, zip code, and email.
- Write your comment and hit submit.
Please submit your opinion on SB273 soon before it is heard and voted on.
Thank you for helping us achieve this historic milestone.
- 2-3 months: Begin renaming process with Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
- 3 months: Implement conforming language changes during legislative session
- 3-4 months: Begin process to update relevant NSHE Handbook and Procedures and Guidelines Manual
- July 1: Renaming goes into effect