Residency - Nevada State College


Residency Status

Residency is determined at the time of admission and reflected on your official Letter of Admission to the college. It is important that once you are admitted to Nevada State, check your residency classification in your Student Center.

How Do I Check My Residency Classification for Tuition Purposes?

Your residency classification can be found under the Personal Information section of  your Student Center. To access your Student Center log-in to your MyNSC.

Guide: How Do I Check My Residency Classification for Tuition Purposes?

I'm Classified as an OUT-OF-STATE resident. What now?

If your residency is classified as “Out of State,” you will be charged non-resident tuition fees when you register for classes.

If you believe you qualify for “In State,” review the residency applications and listed qualifications of each application below.

Residency Application

Review the three available pathways below and submit your completed application with supporting documentation.

All forms are fillable. Download them to your computer, then complete and save it. Submission methods can be found below.

Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) Residency Form

Students who wish to establish Nevada residency for tuition purposes.

Veterans, Spouse and Dependents

Students who are a veterans, spouses, or dependents of a veteran, and do not qualify under the NSHE Residency Form above.

Please carefully review this form to determine if you qualify under this option.

Western Undergraduate Exchange Program (WUE)

Only newly admitted students who are in a degree-seeking program . Both first time freshmen and transfer students may be eligible. Review the form for additional details.

Note: WUE is a program of the Western Interstate Commission of Higher Education(WICHE).

Residency Submission Deadlines are during the “Add/Drop” of the regular semester. Review the Academic Calendar for dates.

How to Submit

All completed forms and supporting documents must be submitted to either of the following methods below. Decisions or requests for additional information regarding your application will be sent to your Student E-mail.

EMAIL (Preferred Method)

Submissions must be sent from your Student Email to:


Drop off your your forms to:

Office of the Registrar
1202 High Tech Circle
Henderson, NV 89002


Send your documents to:

Nevada State College
ATTN: Office of the Registrar
1300 Nevada State Dr.
Henderson, NV 89002


Complete your form in Black Ink. Fax it to 702.992.2111.

Get Info