Guided by Nevada State College’s commitment to inclusion and social justice, the Office of Community, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion seeks to build a better, more equitable future for our campus, greater community and state of Nevada.
The mission for the Office of Community, Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion is to support a culture in which all students, faculty, and staff can thrive and succeed at Nevada State College. Through collaborations with both campus and community partners, we empower all to be change agents in a diverse global society.
1. Celebrate diversity and promote a culture of belonging
2. Advocate for and amplify voices of marginalized people
3. Support the success of historically underserved populations
4. Educate students, faculty and staff to increase our climate of inclusion and quality of life on campus, and beyond
5. Bridge campus and community partnerships to lay pathways for equity, excellence and innovation
Marcela Rodriguez-Campo, Ph.D.
Mariana Sarmiento Hernández, MSW
Manager of Undocumented Programs
Omi McCadney, M.Ed.
Community Resource Coordinator
Major in Psychology
Major in Visual Media