Hello Everyone! Welcome to the DRC Tech Corner for all your techy needs. Tech Corner will contain something new and useful for everyone and will be divided into three sections:
- Basic Computer Tips and Tricks
- How to use DRC Equipment
- Specific to equipment provided for our DRC students
- Instructor Tips and Tricks!
The sections will be updated periodically to include new technical information in each section. The DRC would also like to open up the sections to the audience! If you have any questions, suggestions, or something that you would like to be discussed or talked about on this page, please email me at Juan.Guzman-Morales@nsc.edu.
Basic Computer Tips & Tricks
This section will include basic computer commands and/or programs that are readily available for your use.
To get started, we would like go over some basic computer commands to help you get started. Depending on the type of computer you are using there are several key commands that may make things a little easier when working on the computer.
How to Use DRC Equipment
This section will feature equipment that is offered to eligible student based on disability. Some equipment/ software spotlighted in this section may be available to all students at NSC. Once you open the PDF, it will mention whether or not it is available to all students or if it is only available to a select group of DRC students (Those with qualifying disabilities and on a case-by-case scenario). If you would like info on the equipment featured in this section please contact the DRC office.
Instructor Tips & Tricks
This section will be filled with information on Universal Design Learning (UDL) and ways to help you make your class universally accessible.
For this month’s issue, I will be providing several UDL Short Reads’ that were provided to me from our very own Dr. Agamba, the Instructional Designer for the Center for Teaching and Learning Excellence.
- Universal Design What, How, Why
- Universal Design in Online Courses – Beyond Possibilities
- Implementing Accessible Course Policies
- Getting Started on Big Change
- Improve Online Course with Universal Design
- Graphic Organizers – Strategies to Support Students
- Five Ways to Foster Creativity in Your Online Classroom
- UDL – Improving Satisfaction and Retention for Students