Tag: Nevada State College Faculty
The Office of Institutional Research at Nevada State College provides timely data and analyses to support, enhance, and inspire decisions that lead to desired outcomes. One of our great strengths is our ability to connect information we gather from various sources to determine what factors legitimately help our students succeed. Some of our challenges include:
- Responding to the many requests for information that come from other state entities;
- Sharing information and data analysis with campus stakeholders in a format that helps them make decisions;
- Navigating the many requests for information that come from our own faculty and staff.
To address these challenges, we rely heavily on the use of dashboards, which allow users to create complex queries and get immediate results. Some of our most popular dashboards are included below. If you’d like help navigating those dashboards or if you have another request for information, please use our request system.
This dashboard allows you to examine all the factors that affect graduation. For example, you might ask:
- How many of our graduates have a prior Associate’s Degree?
- How many of our graduates come from a specific high school in Nevada?
- How do the number of graduates compare from our different schools?
This dashboard helps to answer some of the most common questions about our students. For example, you might want to know:
- How has enrollment grown over the last five years?
- What is the 1-year retention rate of our nursing students?
- What percent of our students receive at least one DFWI?
If you’d like some suggestions, watch this video tutorial.
This tool shows you the historical enrollment for any class, including waitlists. It is helpful for determining how many sections to schedule. For example, you may want to know:
- How many sections of ENG 102 have we scheduled for the spring and how does this compare with past years?
- How many sections of a BIOL 189 have a waitlist?
- How many ASL classes sections are led by part-time faculty?
Resources for Institutional Research
- NSHE IR page
- our publications and grant applications
Institutional Research Team
Director of Institutional Research
Data Warehouse Architect