The Scorpion Path: Second Year
Students from all backgrounds remain enrolled at NSC, in good academic standing, and with satisfactory progress toward their degrees. They continue to be excited about their learning experience and have a clear sense of the path they need to follow to graduate on time. They have a deeper understanding of NSC’s mission and what makes us unique. They are recognized for their accomplishments after completing their second year and passing the half-way point, and begin to experience the transformation that anchors our definition of student success.
- Full-time students willing to consider completing a BA/BS at NSC (as opposed to students who are taking a class but plan on transferring).
- Students at risk of being overlooked because of our focus on incoming students.
Recognize student progress
- Use personalized messaging and public events to recognize student achievements.
Enhance community & belonging
- Increase students’ opportunity to engage with other students and embrace our culture.
Support degree progress
- Encourage students to develop and follow a path to graduation.
Provide superb, proactive academic support
- Increase our overall utilization of academic support services.
The Action plan outlines our deliverables, project leads, and priorities.