BE INTENTIONAL. Build relationships with your TRIO SSS peers and mentors to achieve your academic dreams and change your family tree.
ABOUT STUDENT SUPPORT SERVICES (SSS)
The mission of Student Support Services is to provide opportunities for academic development, assist students with basic college requirements, and to motivate students toward the successful completion of their postsecondary education. Student Support Services also provides students with the necessary tools to adjust to the demands of a college environment, while helping them develop good study habits and decision-making skills that increase retention and graduation rates for college students.
Who is Eligible?
In accordance with federal regulations, a student must meet all of the following criteria to be eligible for program services:
• Is a citizen or national of the United States or meets the residency requirements for Federal Student Aid.
• Is admitted, or accepted for admission in the next academic term at NSC.
• Has a need for academic support in order to successfully pursue an undergraduate degree program.
• Is: (1) A student with low-income; (2) A first generation college student; or (3) A student with a disability
What is the cost?
There is no charge other than your commitment to education. Your future is your responsibility!
What Services are Offered?
• Academic Coaching
• Resource Referrals
• Course Selection Assistance
• Technology Skills Development
• Employment & Professional Development Opportunities
• Support for Homeless Youth
• Graduate School Counseling
• Career Counseling
• Financial Literacy Education
• Tutoring Services
• Book Loan
• Calculator Loan
• Computer Loan
• Free Printing
• Study skills
• Time Management
• Note Taking & Listening Skills
• Reading & Outlining Textbooks
• Test-Taking Strategies
• Scholastic Motivation
• Improving Concentration
• Stress Reduction
• Financial Literacy
• Resume and Cover Letter Writing
• Cultural and Educational Events
• Grant in Aid
To participate in the TRIO SSS program you must apply and be accepted. Please contact us:
Nevada State College | TRIO SSS Office
ATTN: LaKiasha Hollingsworth
1300 Nevada State Drive | RSC 251
Henderson, NV 80092