Community Resources | Nevada State College

Community Resources

Case Manager

Laura Hinojosa is the Nevada State College Case Manager. Her role is to ensure that students have all of the support they need, both inside and outside the classroom, to be successful. If you are struggling with hunger, unstable housing, safety, mental health worries or ANY other concerns, contact CARE Services. Together, we can help meet those needs.

To receive services or get more information, please contact Laura.

Contact Information:

Laura Hinojosa, MACP
Rogers Student Center, Room 250
Ph: 702.992.2514



Low-Cost Medical Clinics:

These clinics offer reduced cost income based medical services. Please call first to determine if you are eligible.

First Person Care Clinic:
Call 702-380-8118 or

Family Health Care Center at the Southern Nevada Health District:
Call 702-759-1800 or

Alliance Against Diabetes Clinic:
Call 702-207-0400 or

Community Outreach Medical Center:
Call 702-657-3873 or

FirstMed Health & Wellness Centers:
Call 702-731-0909 or

Hope Christian Health Clinic:
Call 702-644-4673 or

Nevada Health Centers:
1-800-787-2568 or

Volunteers in Medicine of Southern Nevada:
(Free clinics. Must call to set appointment. No walk-ins.)
Call 702-967-0530 or



Local Resources

The LGBTQA Center of Southern Nevada: or call 702-733-9800

Henderson Equality Center

Gender Justice Nevada

Equality Nevada

LGBTQIA+ Friendly Medical Services

Huntridge Family Clinic
• 702-979-1111

A-P Medical Group
• 702.971.3400


The Trevor Project
• 866-488-7386

LGBT National Hotline
• 888-843-4564

Trans Lifeline
• 877-565-8860

Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• 800-273-8255



Centers and Shelters

The Rape Crisis Center
• 702-366-1640

Safe Nest Shelter
• 702-646-4981 (24 hours, call/text)

The Shade Tree Shelter
• Call or text 855-385-0072 (27/7 Crisis Hotline) or 702-385-0072
• 1 West Owens Ave. North Las Vegas, NV 89030

Family Justice Center
• 702-828-77414

Nevada 211
• Call 2-1-1


National Domestic Violence Hotline
• 800-799-7233 (SAFE)

National Dating Abuse Hotline
• 866-331-9474

National Sexual Assault Hotline
• 800-656-4673 (HOPE)

Suicide Prevention Lifeline
• 800-273-8255



Local Support

Eden Center for Eating Disorders
• 877-853-3362

The Meadows Ranch
• 866-332-7381

Eating Disorder Institute of Las Vegas
• 702-503-5592


NEDA Feeding Hope
• Call or Text 1-800-931-2237

Overeaters Anonymous
• 1-505-891-2664

National Association for Anorexia Nervosa & Associated Disorders
• 630-577-1330

Online Resources

National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANDA)
• 888-375-7767

National Eating Disorders Association
• 800-931-2237

Alliance for Eating Disorders Awareness

National Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders (NCEED)
• Call 1-800-931-2237

National Resources

Suggested Hotlines that are open 365 days a year 24/7. Please note
****You do not have to be suicidal to call or text this number. If you are concerned about a family member or friend, you can call/text to speak to someone. ****

• National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-(TALK) 8255. You can also speak to someone via text by texting “HOME” to 741741.

• The Trevor Project Hotline 1-866-488-7386 or text “START” to 678678
Hotline provides suicide prevention and support to those who identify as LGBTQ+

• The National Domestic Violence Hotline 1-800-799-7233 24/7 crisis intervention, safety planning and information on domestic violence.




If you are concerned about yourself, family member, or friends drinking habits you can talk to someone by calling 1-800-273-8255 or texting “HOME” to 741741.

To learn more about problems with drinking and where to find help:
• National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism
• National Council on Alcoholism and Drug Dependence, Inc.
• Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration or
• To find a meeting in your area go to


• Anxiety and Depression Association of America visit or call 240-485-1001
• Boys Town Hotline 1-800-448-3000 TDD line (1-800 -448-1833 for speech-impaired and deaf callers) or Open 365 days a year 24/7 for parents and teens. Spanish speaking counselors are available and translation services (up to 140 languages available). It is staffed by specially trained Boys Town counselors.

Bipolar and Depression:

• Contact the Crisis Text Line by texting ‘TALK’ to 741741 or Call the Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-237-8255
• Depression and Bipolar Support Alliance- Visit or call 1800-826-3632 to find out more information and free support groups in your area.
• National Alliance of Mental Health ( NAMI)
• NAMI- specifically for parents and caregivers ·


• To learn more about early psychosis programs and find support in your area visit the Early Assessment & Support alliance (EASA) – and click on the National Early Psychosis Directory


National Council on Problem Gambling
• 24 Hour Confidential National Helpline
• Call 1-800-522-4700
• Chat

Eating Disorders:

Crisis Text Line
• Text “CONNECT” to 741741

The National Association of Anorexia Nervosa and Associated Disorders (ANAD)
• 630-577-1330 (available during business hours)

The National Eating Disorders Association

National Center of Excellence for Eating Disorders (NCEED)
• Call 1-800-931-2237

Substance Misuse:

The National Drug Helpline
• 1-844-289-0879

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) SAMHSA’s
• National Helpline 800-662-HELP (4357) TTY: 800-487-4889
• For additional information on finding help and treatment options, visit

Get Info