Transfer Student - Nevada State College

Transfer Student

HomeAdmissionsApplyTransfer Student

BE STRATEGIC and move to expand your possibilities. Join us at Nevada State College!

step checklist

  • Complete our easy online application.

  • Pay the $30 application fee online.

  • Submit official college transcripts from ALL institutions attended.

  • Check for available Scholarships.

  • Submit your FAFSA.

  • Military Tuition Benefits

    VA Educational Benefits

  • Questions? Office of Admissions & Recruitment
    (702) 992-2130 or (702) 992-2170

We invite you to apply as a transfer student if you attended a college or university for at least one full quarter or semester after graduating from high school. Admission is based on your collegiate academic record, which must include a minimum of 12 transferable credits from either a two- or four-year college or university with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0.

At the time of admission, we will evaluate any courses you’ve completed at other institutions on a course-by-course basis. If you have an overall college GPA of 2.0 or above, but completed less than 12 transferable credits, you will need to satisfy the first-time student admission requirements. To give us a complete picture of your academic history, and comply with regional accreditation guidelines, you need to submit ALL transcripts of courses completed after high school, even if you don’t intend to request transfer credit. Request and submit your official transcripts in a sealed envelope from the institution you attended, or have the institution send them electronically to Please do not fax or open your transcripts, we can’t use these unofficial documents to determine your eligibility.

With an Associate of Arts, Associate of Science, or Associate of Business degree from a Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) community college, you will be admitted to Nevada State College with full junior status and your core curriculum requirements will be considered satisfied under most circumstances.

International high school coursework or college credit can also be used toward your completion of a degree at Nevada State if you are a United States citizen or permanent resident. Please send your official transcripts from abroad to an evaluating agency, request a course-by-course evaluation, pay the fee, and have the official evaluation sent to our Office of Admissions and Recruitment.

Visit our Transfer Center to get help navigating the process of transferring.

TRANSFER CENTER Including NSHE Transfer Agreements

Admission Application Information


Admission Deadlines for Spring 2019

  • Application submission: January 1, 2019
  • Submit ALL official transcripts: January 9, 2019

Note: Deadline to apply AND submit ALL official transcripts for Winter session is December 3, 2018.


Deadlines for Summer vary depending on the session you are attending. Please check the 2018-19 academic calendar for additional information.


Admission Deadlines for Fall 2019

  • Application submission: August 1, 2019
  • Submit ALL official transcripts: August 1, 2019
Back to top
Get Info
Contact Us